Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

One of the family friends I came out to over the weekend visited me at school yesterday. We ate lunch, went to a used bookstore and I introduced my family friend to "H" who is male-to-female trans (MTF). H has been my friend for two years and we dated for a little under a week. It was great introducing H to my family friend. H told me about the German pop singer Kim Petras and I love her now. Some info about Kim Petras: Kim Petras Wikipedia article, Kim Petras official site. Kim is MTF and she's an early transitioner. I found it amazing how well she passes; she is truly a beautiful girl. Being genderqueer, I present as feminine, androgynous and masculine, however I would never want to pass as anything but myself, especially with how my gender identity fluctuates between feminine, masculine, and androgynous from day to day. I am usually feminine/androgynous. Today was my first day working at the table distributing "Gay? Fine by me." tshirts for my university's Gay? Fine by me./National Coming Out Day campaign; many people got shirts, however there were people, like always, who either ignored us completely or were interested in a free tshirt until they saw what it was for. It was great seeing how many people got tshirts and it will be even cooler seeing everyone wear them tomorrow, however I could also tell how far we have to go. There was one guy who was interested in getting a free tshirt until he saw what it said, his reaction was "Sorry, I don't support gay rights or gay people" it was hard for me to hear someone say that to our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment